The "town" was really never a town; it was a subdivision, most of which was later sold to the Rose Hill Cemetery Company. The land west of the railroad tracks was developed as a cemetery, although the land north of Peterson (Sequr St. on the map) was developed later. The land east of the tracks was later re-subdivided. The large white area called Sequr was later subdivided as "Henry Town," which also was never a town and was later vacated and then subdivided again. The northern boundary is Granville and the southern Bowmanville Road (on the diagonal) and Bryn Mawr (as the east-west street). The eastern boundary is Ashland.
Chittenden was recorded May 18, 1855.
For a larger version of the map, click here .