In Loving Memory - Dorothy A. McManus
July 14, 1904 - November 17, 1997
Dorothy was one of the five children born to James and Mathilde McManus, who married and started their grocery business in Edgewater’s Guild Hall, built in 1886 by John Lewis Cochran. She is the pretty little girl, first row middle, in this family photo taken in front of the house her father purchased on Ridge Avenue, in which she was raised and lived until her death.
Dorothy contacted the Edgewater Historical Society shortly after its was founded and loaned us many family photos to copy. She attended most of our General Meetings over the years and, until recently, even donated to our Museum project. We shall always remember her warm smile and wonderful stories about early Edgewater. We extend our heartfelt condolences to her family.